Monday, February 23, 2009

ReCAP on 11x Design Tour

I only made it to 5 projects, all of them in NE and North Portland. The one that takes the cake for me was Z-haus. Could it be that it was the only finished project I made it to? Maybe, but spatially, it had a lot to offer as well. It had a beautiful interior with rich wood floors and an immediate connection to the outdoors in every room. The transition from space to space was a little dizzying and it was humming with folks who were just as intrigued. Large sliding doors, and when I say large, I mean 9-10' wide X 9' tall, slide across the expanse of the room to flexibly close off the space from the stairwell.

The rooms were perfect sizes for the amount of total rooms provided, and the kitchen was a highlight for me! Being that I specialize in kitchen design, and have a passion for efficient, functional storage as well as beautiful aesthetics, I took particular interest in the Z-haus kitchen. It was bright white, clean and inviting. Storage abound, there was no need for excess clutter and appliances on the countertops. It was a tight little package.

Congrats to whomever purchases this home!

No comments: